PTO Agenda – September 12, 2019
Jenny Bierma Email/Website, PToffice (Volunteer emails)
Shayna Cram Chair, Race for Education, Cherrydale Fundraiser
Trina Driscoll Treasurer, Super Saver Discount Books, Race for Education
Jenny Eilerman Hospitality, Dance Flowers
Nicole Klinkner Hospitality, Dance Flowers
Katie Parsons Donuts with Dad, Morning with Mom, Daycare
Karin Scruggs – Collectibles
Jessica Thormodsgard Secretary, Morning with Mom, Donuts with Dad
Shana Frederickson-Collectibles, Cherrydale Fundraiser??
Laurie Nelson, Shana Frederickson , Jason Lieske, Brittany Melon, Josh Melon (former student)
Mrs. Rahn, Ms. Day, Ms. Deckard
See previous minutes
Treasurer’s Report/Trina Driscoll:
- Savings: Same
- Expenditures since last meeting:
Principal Report/Mr. Beert:
SW – 102 students on caseload, 13 groups, 15 new students, Bike/walk – Oct 2nd,
PTO Old Business:
- Cherrydale Fundraiser Kickoff changed to October 7th due to planetarium
PTO New Business
- Donuts with Dad Update
- Kevin’s Market will donate the donuts and juice
- Cub foods will donate the bananas
2. Collectibles contest – Begins Sept 30th
- Set up- we should not need counting volunteers.
- Poster in hallway for tracking
- Letter to send home to parents will be going out, and reminder about box tops
3. Back to School Conferences
- How did PTOffice signup go? – went well, every student in the directory already except 7.
- How many registered? – many
4. Read-a-thon – at this time do one time per year for I love to read month before Spring Conferences – give $2000 still
Do only for March conferences – passed vote
5. “Junior Achievement?
Teaching financial literacy to kids, usually larger communities. Based out of Mankato, goal to get into smaller communities to grow the programs. How people perceive you (your brand), how to get ready for the real world. 45 minute sessions, 5 times. Lake Crystal 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade, 8th grade. Financial support is there. Cost is roughly $30 per child. Biz Town- JA pays to bus kids up to St. Paul, community, they get a designated job and operate a community.
Can we send something out through PTO for volunteers to get more help for this to grow the program. Grandparents or retired teachers. Community and Businesses. Material is provided for you.
Things we need help with:
Cherrydale fundraiser – Co-Chair needed.
Next Meeting October 10th at 630pm